Amazingly talented. Will continue to work with Rob.
Great work. It will help my career. I look forward to using the cover soon.
Kura is clearly and outstanding designer, but what really sets her
apart is her patience and her dedication to creating the ideal final
product. We went through countless revisions and she readily
incorporated all of my feedback and offered her own brilliant ideas. I
can't say enough about how great is was to work with her.
- G E O R G i N A
I had actually seen Georgina's work on a couple of other book covers in the past and started thinking about how great it would be to get her to design something for me. About a year later, I decided to re-do my book design and I came to 99Designs for that service. I had initially remembered Georgina and looked to see if I could find her, but didn't, so I posted one of her covers as an example to other designers of the type of covers I really liked. A couple of days into the contest I noticed that she had started watching so I immediately invited her to the contest and never looked back! I have been really happy with the quality of work she produced, as well as the depth of options she has provided. I definitely recommend her skill to anyone!
A complete pleasure to work with--fast, excellent, and attentive to detail. I highly recommend this artist!
- Angie H
Kinnara was just amazing. She is an absolute professional. Ready to change anything we needed at a moment's notice, she improved upon each prior design with brilliant execution. She is a wonderfully artistic designer that we look forward to working with in the future!
- Wade Valiant
How Nita9 started their book cover journey
Who are you known as?
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Art & Design
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
I write novels for young adults, ages 12-18.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
1. I need a cover for a Young Adult novella. Dimensions will be 6 x 9 inches. I need a PSD file with unlocked layers.
2. Cover should depict a princess about 18 years old. Head and shoulders, or head and torso only.
3. Realistic or semi-realistic art, but not a photograph. A photo that is modified to look like art is okay.
4. White skin. Dark brown eyes. Medium brown hair, wavy, and pinned up, not too neatly. I've attached a photo to indicate the type of hairstyle, but use it as a very loose guide.
5. The princess is making eye contact with the viewer. Looks intelligent. Not smiling - she has a serious nature.
6. I think I prefer a 3/4 shot rather than her squarely facing the viewer, but that is flexible.
7. Simple gold tiara.
8. Simple but elegant medieval gown in pink tones. For example, the bodice can be raspberry and the sleeves a paler pink. Tight-fitting sleeves, not puffy. If her hands are shown, the sleeves should reach all the way to her knuckles. Gown's neckline should be scalloped but no exposed cleavage.
9. She is holding a medieval-style book. The book is not meant to be the focal point so it can be understated.
10. Text: The book is called MAELYN and should be largest on the cover. In smaller type, the words THE NINE PRINCESSES NOVELLAS since this is part of a series. Author's name is ANITA VALLE. Since I'm not Nora Roberts, my name can be understated.
11. For the word MAELYN use a decorative, script-style font, but not so fancy that it's difficult to read. I like the font 'Precious' from fontspace.com but I am open to suggestions.
13. EDIT: No need to do a back cover. I know what I want to do for it and can do it myself.