- The Design don't have to be in "only blue" but it should stick to a corporate webpage which will be mostly in blue (and white background). Our future corporate page is planned as blue/white.
- To picture "Test Automation" often cogs and gears will be used. You don't have to use cogs/gears, perhaps you have a better idea, but as a tip when you search google for "test automation" pictures, many people use cogs/gears.
Here is a google image search for buzzwords out of our business, here you can scroll over a lot images and get some inspiration of what elements could be used:
Because the contest was not blind the first 2 days, and some Designer already participate by ideas other, I want to leave some ideas about elements which are possible for our company logoy. I think that's fair for all designer who start later in the contest and can't see the ideas. Of course I will not extend the list on future ideas.
- gears/cogs, as I said before, represent often test automation, see google images
- Test Automation is the overall main focus of our company
- illustrations in which “something” is climbing up, arrows who climb up, often are used to visualize load testing
- light bulb illustration for is often used for good ideas
- world/global illustration or an arrow in a big circle is for a big and global working company and shows some trust
- Arrows in a circle can also reflect something like continuous testing or agile iterative development methods, which is modern and positive
- a cloud illustration, which is also modern and positive
- the hook (check mark) illustration is often used in testing to flag if something runs correctly, so it’s often used in testing
- Paper illustration for test management and high level business
- magnificent glass illustration is often used for software testing and to find bugs, search for problems
- In TEQS you have the character Q which could stand for quality, with the Q you can build up the most nice illustrations. So you could use the Q as example to build some illustrations as icon. But of course, do your own thing, you can also try other character for main illustration/icon.
- for the font you can use some normal font but you can also try something out like an "O" as in the Oracle logo as example. It's up to you, it's only an idea, you are the pro. Try fonts and play with characters as you like.
- TeQS or TEQS? We are talking internally to change from TeQS to TEQS, so the E will be perhaps in the future uppercase. We are not sure about it for now, so you can stick to what you want. Perhaps we will clarify this in the final round.
But very important: You don't have to use my ideas and my illustration examples! You don't have to add an icon at all! Perhaps to focus more on company name and the font could be also good. You can (of course) go your own way! In the end, I will make a vote with my teammates and friends, and the logo with the most votes will possibly win. Besides the votes also communication (chat) will be important, I start chatting more in the final round with the finalists. So, you can choose if you want to add some icon-like arts to the logo or not.
So, if you have a brand-new stunning idea for a TeQS/TEQS Consulting logo, give it a try! Go your way. Perhaps it will overhelm us.
Many Designer have started to deliver logo examples as visualizations directly in different forms:
- Icon above “TeQS Consulting” + Icon left of “TeQS Consulting” (If they had an icon. Icon is no must-have)
- View of logo printed on business cards
- View of logo printed on paper, letters
- View of logo as 3D object on a wall or on a table or on a door
- View of logo simply on different background with different colors
These additional visualizations of a logo are very kind of you and give as a better feeling of your logo idea. Because like this, we see directly how the logo feels on paper, on different backgrounds, on a business card, etc.
Remember, we don’t sell products. So, you don’t have to visualize a logo to a shop or to a product, because we don’t have it. Most of the people will see our logo on our business cards, in an email footer, on an invoice header, on other letters and papers, or on the later coming corporate business web page.
To understand our company:
- Our company does IT-consulting for external companies. Our employees (consultants) work often on customer side and coach our customer with their expertise in "Test Automation" (main focus) and "Load Testing".
The goal ist better software quality of the customer software in their IT-projects.
Our consultants also realize the test automation and load testing solutions (tests, test frameworks, reporting) for our customer. We also execute these tests and report the results, etc.
So buzzwords for our business are:
test automation, load testing, quality assurance, software testing, expertise, experts, consulting, software quality
- the logo should have a white backgroud, so it nicely fit on normal paper and also to a website with white background.
- If it is possible, the logo should reflect technical expertise, profession, perfection, professionalism and trust! Would be nice to find these characteristics in your logo!
- We don't have a corporate web site till now. But we have a blog about test automation and quality assurance content:
Your logo don't have to fit exaclty to this blog, because it will not be used for the blog header, becasue the blog is called "Testing-Board" and not like our company name "TeQS Consulting". However, perhaps your design could fit to it a bit. So we can use later a very similar logo for the "Testing-Board" itself. But this is not must-have.
- Under the logo itself no slogan is needed in your first drafts, but you can add it also to show how it looks with a slogan. However, a version of your best logo with a slogan to see how the logo looks like with a slogan would be a good idea. Also to see what font you will use for the slogan.
On the Paper-design, business cards and Facebook-Cover a slogan besides or under the logo will be needed of course. So we have to see how your logo looks like combined with a slogan.
Examples for a slogan:
- "Your experts for test automation and load testing"
- "Test Automation & Load Testing" (or with "and" instead "&")
- "Experts for Test Automation & Load Testing" (or with "and" or with "Professionals" instead of "experts")
Of course with focus on the words "test automation" und "Load Testing"
It don't have to be exactly one of this slogan. I described our company and our services above. So, if you have a idea for a better slogan which fit to our company goals, give it a try. My fantasy for things like this is small. :-)
- We are a tech company! So the logo should have a more technical style! That's important.
Thanks a lot and best regards