We need a new icon for our QR code app.
(Attached file is just an idea from a stock photo website.)
One idea is to put the letters "QR" on top of a colorful QR code image.
There should be no text in the icon other than (optionally) the capital letters
The icon will usually be on a white background, but it should look good on dark
backgrounds too (adding a transparent white outer glow is one easy way, but not
A vector format is required (we prefer inkscape-compatible SVG or EPS). If it
is a different format, please provide a hi-res transparent PNG render of the
vectors (in case we can't open your vector file with inkscape).
Target display size: 100x100px
In my experience a rounded square icon with saturated colors and a 10-15px
transparent white outer glow usually works great.
The app's page is here (with our existing crappy icon):
Generic Chrome Web Store Icon Tips (from http://goo.gl/OeKN1):
- Use saturated colors if possible; they tend to work well.
- Avoid using a lot of white and light gray.
- Make sure the edges are well-defined.
- If the icon is square with rounded corners, use a 12-pixel corner radius.
- Avoid large drop shadows. It's OK to use small shadows for contrast.
- Make the icon face the viewer, rather than having built-in perspective.