I thoroughly enjoyed working with Mytho on this project to create fun patterns for our reusable bag brand. Mytho understood the brief and was open and responsive to feedback. I would happily recommend this designer!
How kateJk started their character or mascot journey
Who are you known as?
Right Touch Residential Cleaning
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Cleaning & Maintenance
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We provide reliable weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly residential cleaning services, as well as move-in/move-out cleaning. At Right Touch, we take pride in every job we perform because we know each service makes your home a better place and gives you more time to spend on what matters most. We use eco-friendly products, top of the line equipment, and we tailor our services to your needs.
We target upper-middle class busy families that don’t have the time to do their own house cleaning.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We are looking for an animal mascot that can also be used with the name of our company as a new logo. We would like it to convey trust and friendliness. We target upper-middle class busy families that don’t have the time to do their own house cleaning. The animal we envision is a character and the facial expression and actions should communicate a story. We are looking for something interactive (that we can put in different situations in a wide-variety of contexts with extra accessories to tell a story and advertise our services during different times of the year), playful, and fun for our clients. Our colors are green with a pink accent (see our website http://www.RTRCleaning.com).
After we choose a mascot, we would like to create a series of postcards and incorporate it into our website, so we are looking for someone to collaborate with long term. For the purpose of this contest you can provide 1-2 examples and complete the rest upon winning the design. I know your time is valuable and we are happy to see sketches instead of complete pictures for our feedback to see if you are on the right track.
We are looking to eventually have the mascot in these versions:
*Mascot with company name as logo
*Spring Cleaning (maybe carrying a mop and feather duster, with flower accents)
*Relaxing in a hammock (to go with our website copy of “take back your weekends”)
*Pointing to a form on our website, encouraging clients to contact us
*Checking off a to-do list and looking proud of themselves
Some ideas (but, feel free to ignore and be creative):
• We took some staff photos with people wearing green rubber cleaning gloves. The gloves “pop” in the photos and might be a good addition to the character.
• Maybe a Bunny (for “dust bunny”)?
• Our cleaners wear aprons with cleaning clothes, dusters, and spray bottles handy, so this could be incorporated into the character. Maybe a kangaroo with all of the cleaning supplies sticking out of the pouch?
• Our company owner previously worked as a conservation biologist, so this is why we are partial to an animal. She studied endangered dholes.
• We are open to if you have any suggestions on how to integrate the mascot with the rest of the brand and/or a logo. For the logo, we are looking for something square shaped, not elongated, because we often have to put our logo into square picture areas on various sites as the avatar.
*We included our original logo below. We don't need to keep any aspect of it except green as one of our colors.