Great style and a good understanding of the requirements. Thanks!
- Mr Raj
Very positive and great to work with......very skilled
Unique and creative work :) Excellent designer. Easy to work with and thinks outside the box.
- Akira X3
Akira did a phenomenal job! A real professional!
How Holger Rapp started their icon or button journey
Who are you known as?
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Swiboe is the programmers text editor for the next 25 years.
It is a free, open source tool, developed in the open, life on Twitch stream and collaboratively by an open community. Swiboe stands for Switch Board Editor since it is helping to connect external tools to collaborate to make shaping text very fast.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
It needs branding, and the first thing is a high quality vector-graphics icon that will be it's application icon. It will be displayed here https://github.com/swiboe and in the upcoming website.
The designer is free to design a logo at will, these are some information which can, but do not need to be incorporated into the design:
- Swiboe stands for Switch Board Editor (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telep…witchboard), since it enables plugins to collaborate to offer advanced functionality. Longer explanation: http://www.sirver.net/blog/2015/08/…t-editor./
- It runs on Mac OS, Windows and Linux. Aiming for a good looking Mac OS icon will fit the bill for the others.
- Swiboe allows for very fast plain text editing as it is needed for programmers writing code.
- Swiboe is endlessly extendable.
- Swiboe is for specialists, but offers tutorial guidance to improve.
- Swiboe should eventually have an Icon, a Logo (with text) and a cute mascot. This is the first design contest for the Icon - the other stuff will be build to fit with the icon.
The icon should be identifiable as a coder's text editor. Speed, collaboration/communication and the switch board are the unique selling points of Swiboe.