1.The New Logo needs to have an “emotional message”, Good Vibes, Soul, Feelings and Passion.
2.Blue Lotus Logo Concept:
* The Flower is something soft, full of texture, small, very ephemeral,
tangible, delicate, but very powerful symbol!
* Blue Lotus has its philosophical and religious significance (Blue Lotus comes from translation of Pushkar – place where the festival will be hold) -associations: virtue, purity of heart, it grows out of mud and dirt, but it’s beautiful, pure and triumphal
* Soulful, Spiritual
* Professionally designed, not a funny or modern look.
* Traditional Imagery /Motifs
* Authentic, Mystical, Soil, Roots, Emotional, Indian
* might consider use of Rajasthani/Indian folk flower patterns & motives, Hindu mythological images/motifs
Hindu mythological images/motifs
* Can have some associations with Indian folk musical symbols, but not too obvious
* PLEASE LISTEN TO SOME OF OUR MUSIC/ SEE OUR ARTISTS VIDEOS - for basic feeling/understanding
BLUE LOTUS FESTIVAL 2012
Imagine a festival bringing the diversity of authentic traditional
music from all over India in one place. Complement it with the
selection of best non-performing arts and crafts and high quality
entertainment like camel safaris or yoga classes and spice it up with
international multicultural audience. Think of a special place like a
lake in the middle of the desert being a spiritual destination from
centuries, which can accommodate and bring up the six-days Traditional
Indian Music and Culture festival.
Blue Lotus Festival is an unprecedented event focused on presenting the richness of genres and styles of best Sufi, Indian folk, traditional, tribal and spiritual music from 14th to 17th February 2013. It will be held at and around the the ancient city of Pushkar in Rajasthan, India.
Pushkar is an apt location for the new Blue Lotus festival because of its cultural
and historical importance. It is said that the city had originated from the petal that fell from a blue lotus held by Lord Brahma- the creator of the universe according to Indian mythology.
From the fourth century BC people have been visiting Pushkar for pilgrimage and settled here transforming a town of unique spirit with hundreds of hidden temples and picturesque ghats surrounding the lake. Our new Blue Lotus festival will be held at multiple venues around the city including ghats (Ghats are steps or special places by rivers or lakes), streets, sand dunes, temples, heritage centers and resorts.
Blue Lotus Festival aims to endorse ethnic, cultural and artistic diversity of India by embarking its visitors on magical voyage through undiscovered sounds of India.
Blue Lotus Festival is the creation of De Kulture Music which for the last seven years has pursued the aim of identifying, recording unique and excellent World Class Indian genuine artists from the Indian countryside and promoting them in new refreshing ways.
Now with this initiative we wish to present these authentic, true and exciting
voices of Indian soil to the souls and hearts of wider audience.
* hundred’s of artists and many concerts over a period of 6 days
* special night performances on sand dunes, sunrise performances at ghats, concerts at archaeological sites and temples
* music workshops and film screenings
* many interactive ways to experience Indian culture and art
* local cuisine from across India
* international audience and media coverage
About DE KULTURE MUSIC
Established in 2005, De Kulture is a unique initiative to present the
diverse authentic regional Indian music genres through live shows,
album publishing, digital downloads and licensing. We promote
centuries old folk songs, soul uplifting regional spiritual music,
gypsy performances, joyous folk dances and rare traditional
instruments. Our constantly growing roster of artists represents more
than 400 vocalists and instrumentalists from various parts of the
Indian country. We presently have a portfolio of over 50 albums released
during last 6 years. Also, the company has been representing some of
the India’s most fascinating artists for performances across the world
and has striven toward development of folk musicianship and exchanges
between different cultures.
The Types of Visitors to the Blue Lotus Festival in India
Domestic Tourists: Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai , Chennai, Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Amritsar, Ludhiana, Goa and Cochin.
- (40% of total audience, Middle Aged group, Upper Middle Class or Elite class society)
International Tourists: Europe, Asia Paciific, USA and Middle East.
(40% of total audience, mostly Middle aged groups, many via Travel Agencies on "experience culture" package tours, etc.
Local Audience: Jaipur, Ajmer, Jodhpur, Udaipur and other parts of Rajasthan.
Cultural Enthusiasts: People interested in Music, Art and Craft from across the globe.
Typical Age: 20-60 years
Paid Registrations/Tickets for Entry + one public (free) performance every day
Use of English Language Only
Please note that we are looking for a NEW fresh Logo Design not like current the Dekulture logo.
It must be Strong enough to also be easily recognisable for visitors who re looking for the different venues on large wall signs, IT IS A LIVE FESTIVAL EVENT.
Please allow for the fact that we will eventually be using the new BLF logo along side English Words and also Indian.
NOTES: This Contest is being co-run from the UK to assist Dekulture (the company launching Blue Lotus Festival) in managing the design contest which with our experience in branding to ensure a well run contest.