Vacation Property Monitors offers a low cost inspection service that acts as the “eyes and ears” of absent vacation property owners by routinely inspecting cabins based on 200+ point checklist. As former vacation property owners we have 30 years of experience in this space. There is currently no other company providing this service in the Smoky Mountain region of Tennessee.
We are located in Eastern Tennessee near the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. This national park has over 9.5 million visitors every year and is the most visited national park in the US. The park features many historical and natural attractions and is surrounded by heavily touristed towns such as Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. Thus, there are *thousands* of vacation rental cabins in this region.
Many of the vacation property owners are absentee and rely on property management and cleaning companies to take care of their cabins. And often these 3rd party companies' attention to detail is lax and sloppy and can occasionally be downright negligent.
Rental companies are getting 40% of total income PLUS extra for cleaning costs. This is a BIG chunk of their bottom line. They need to ensure their management companies are doing what they’re supposed to be doing to protect their income. They don't want to be charged for unnecessary service calls. For example, cabin renters will call the rental company because a remote control won’t work--the rental company will send someone out on a service call--it’s a $40 cost to the owner for a service call to change batteries.
Vacation Property Monitors has developed a comprehensive 200-point inspection checklist that covers everything from the most important big-picture items to all of the tiny details that are so easy to overlook. Our exhaustive checklist includes:
Linens, Ceiling fans, Flooring, Blinds, Smoke detectors, Appliances, Windows, Vents, Lights, Faucets, Fireplaces, Thermostat settings, Overall cleanliness, etc.
Roof, Gutters and downspouts, Hot tubs, Siding and paint, Decks, Railings, Grills, Locks, Landscaping, Insect and wildlife damage, Propane tanks, etc.
We want to establish ourselves as the leader and experts in this space if / when competitors emerge.
- VPM has been in business since 2010
- We've been in the realty / rental property business for 30 years
More info :
About us: http://vacationpropertymonitors.com…ut_Us.html
Our services: http://vacationpropertymonitors.com…vices.html
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE
1. Vacation rental property owners
1. Vacation rental property / cabin owners who:
- do not live in the area (more than 3 hours away)
- need someone to do a simple checks
- do not have time or are not close enough to regularly check-in and perform maintenance on their property(ies)
- have multiple vacation properties
- have their cabin(s) managed by a third party rental company
- are unhappy with their rental company and have received complaints about their property. (cleaning and maintenance issues)
- use VRBO (Vacation Rental By Owner) to rent out cabin themselves
- Successful investors in real estate property and successful business people; 50% own their own businesses
- 45 to 70 years of age
- have disposable income
- 75% are men
- geographically located in the midwest and some in the south of the US
2. Realtors selling vacation rental properties
- top 100 sellers
- selling in the Smoky Mountain region at least 10 years
- successful business people
- mostly born and raised Southerners
TARGET AUDIENCE PAINPOINTS
1. Property Owners
- Maintenance or cleaning services that are either lax or negligent in their duties
- Maintenance and safety issues particularly “emergency” problems:
- Property sitting empty for several days
- Tree falls on roof and it is raining,
- Animals getting into property and causing damage.
- Pipes freezing/leaking and causing water damage which could be $1000’s
- Unhappy rental clients / complaints
- Spending money on unneeded service calls--typical plumbing, electrical or HVAC service call by plumbers can be $75 or more.
- Sale properties that are dirty or in disrepair
- They take a prospective client into a home with mold, dirt, raccoons, broken fixtures, overgrown weeds, etc., has a very negative impact on sales and sales price (rotting wood, furniture has holes, pool table has rip)
- Having a competitive edge over other realtors
- Important for them to provide lists of past clients; because VPM will ensure that property stays in the best condition as possible. AND typically, when a client needs to SELL a property, they will go back to the original realtor--if the property has been optimally maintained, it means the highest selling price possible.