i. Values we would like to communicate:
1. Frugality, compassion, acceptance, community, hope, possibility, rural, kindness, tolerance
2. We are a place where everyone matters. Service is given without judgment.
3. The Haven provides purpose through participation for both those seeking services and those volunteering their time and energy
ii. Logo needs to work in black and white as well as color
iii. Vision and Mission Statements:
1. Vision: We will create a community where people find hope and discover possibility.
2. Mission Statement: The Upper Valley Haven is a non-profit, private organization that serves people struggling with poverty by providing food, shelter, education, clothing and support. The Upper Valley Haven:
- welcomes all who enter its doors as equals, respecting their dignity and accepting them without judgment
- encourages those it serves to develop their capacity for independence and self-sufficiency
- seeks the support and participation of the community
- is thrifty with its resources, generous in its hospitality and accountable to the individuals and organizations that support it.
The Haven strives to set the national standard of excellence for addressing homelessness and poverty.
iv. Tagline we use: Creating a community where people find hope and discover possibility.
v. We are considered a rural shelter and food-shelf, not urban. Our service area crosses two states (Vermont and New Hampshire) and a wide expanse of small communities.
vi. We rely upon the community for the majority of our support (time and money). Our community members span the economic spectrum, from highly affluent and educated to the opposite. We are located in the vicinity of Dartmouth College and benefit from its existence.
vii. Current logo:
1. Utilizes the following colors: PMS 478, 2702, 625, 549, 7546, 5503, 550, 5405
2. We feel it is important to retain some small aspect of the current logo for the sake of recognizability. The ark and rainbow have been a symbol of the Haven since it began in the early ‘80s but we are not married to them. The colors likewise. But something should stay the same.
3. Though not a religious organization we retain appreciation and respect for the many who have helped us as an outpouring of their faith, including those who started this organization.
viii. Our website: uppervalleyhaven.org. This includes a history of our organization. (Be sure to check out “Who we are.”)
ix. We like a clean uncluttered look for our logo.