IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW — PLEASE READ.
This contest is about creating a logo for an event entitled “Hier stehe ich” (“Here I Stand”), with the subtitle, “Was Luther heute sagen würde” (“What Luther would say today”). This logo is for a series of meetings in Germany, so the title and subtitle are in the German language.
Goals for the logo:
- It is very important that the logo speak to today.
- We want to inspire people to take a stand.
Ideally this logo should convey:
- An authoritative, historically sound message
- A no-frills, down-to-earth presentation
- A sense of strength, courage, heroism
- A monumental feel
- A sense of being challenged
- About a historic event with significance for our time
The logo should NOT convey:
- An expressly religious focus, style, or metaphor (no crosses, doves, churches, etc.)
- Humor, cheesiness, trivializing the subject
- An egotistical or pat-ourselves-on-the-back feel (the series is about being challenged, not congratulating ourselves)
There are many events in Germany celebrating this 500th anniversary. Many of them feature Martin Luther. We are looking for a design that will stand distinct from the others. We highly recommend doing a search to see what other organizations have done with their designs, so your design is not too similar in style or concept to what others have done.
Potential concepts or ideas that could be used in the logo:
- Luther looking over the modern city of Stuttgart
- Luther with binoculars, as if peering into our time (maybe a reflection of us or Stuttgart in the lenses of the binoculars)
- Luther’s hand holding a hammer, perhaps nailing a page with the logo (but be sure the metaphor is clear; not just a hand with a hammer)
- Several people, a diverse group, in a hero pose — Martin Luther could be one of them, but not necessarily
- Perhaps some stylized representation of the “Luther rose” (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luther_rose), as long as it doesn’t look too churchy
- A modern person, male or female or a group, standing against the current
- Large rock in the ocean surf, representing the idea of withstanding the hostile forces of society
- Your own ideas that match the objectives of the logo
EXAMPLE IMAGES - PLEASE LOOK AT THESE.
Click the following link to see examples of logo styles and other conceptual images that we like:
This logo will be used in a variety of media, so should be designed in vector format (strongly preferred), or at a very high resolution.