** Logo Style **
- I'm looking for a logo that's clean, powerful and professional
- The company will be run as "Richard Gilbert CGA", though the "CGA" part should be less dominant than the "Richard Gilbert" piece. The "CGA" part will be changing in two years, so please don't stylize that part too much. Keep it as a standard font.
- I prefer logos that have some kind of icon associated with them. And I prefer to have the icon on the left side.
- Please limit the number of colours used. Three max to a logo.
- The logo should look both stylized, but also look good in plain black and white. Plus the logo should still holds its effectiveness and meaning in black and white
- I intend on putting the logo on rings and pins for staff and clients.
- The logo should also look good when faxed
- For fonts I prefer more squared off and chiselled fonts. So nothing too rounded. Both serif and sans-serif fonts are good though.
** Logo Ideas **
I like the idea of a compass rose, though please try and be unique with this idea, as it has be used the world over.
Caution: Done incorrectly the compass rose can look like the cross-hair sights on a gun...do not do this. Also, I don't want it too spikey. I don't want a full on nautical feeling as well. Play with the inside of the compass and integrate an accounting theme. Have my initial connect with the lines of the compass like the interweaved compass sample above. Here are a few points about why I like the compass.
1. Communicates the interconnected nature of our paths.
2. A traditional compass rose has a hub with arrows radiating, implying we start from one spot and head in one direction, this design suggests we are on paths that have many directions and no fixed starting point.
3. When I am not assisting clients, I sail as a hobby, consequently I relate to the nautical nature of the compass rose.
- You could also try playing with my initials RG for the icon piece.
- I'm helping my clients' business grow and flourish so a tree could be another idea. It shouldn't feel like a green tech, bio company though.
- Or maybe a grouping of arrows showing the various directions and services I offer my clients.
- Or a very subtle sailboat
** Logos I Like **
Besides the images selected above here are links to any other logos I like:
** Target Audience **
- My target audience are professionals, corporations and high wealth individuals