We are looking for a logo that speaks to our professional, inclusive and joyful nature: Our dancers range in age from 8 to 66, include people with more than 20 years of rigorous dance training and people entirely new to dance, and include able-bodied dancers as well as performers who are Deaf, amputees, have paralysis, dwarfism, Cerebral Palsy, brain injury, and other disabilities. We request a logo that speaks to our inclusivity without throwing every element into the logo and making it confusing or cluttered.
LOOK & FEEL:
- We would love an image of a dancer or dancers included. Passionate, strong, energetic dance figure(s). A somewhat abstracted dance figure that’s not male or female; the sense that it could be anyone.
- Professional, sophisticated, strong, fun, bold.
- Please, no ballet or ballerina clichés / point shoes / pink etc. We're not a Ballet company. We're rooted in modern dance.
- We do not want a typography-based logo without an image.
- Cutesy, childish, (too) playful, sentimental.
ELEMENTS TO TRY:
- A heartbeat line with a dancer coming out of it. Representing the idea that any BODY can dance, that movement is innate to all of us who have a pulse. (Please note that the attached image is just a reference for this concept, not for aesthetics).
- An adult dancer and child dancing together (given our educational nature).
- Able-bodied dancer & disabled dancer (challenge with this is possibly that it could read like we're ONLY about that particular disability, which isn’t the case).
- Multiple dance figures that create a new shape together. Like how you can shape a heart by putting your two hands together (but less cheesy).
BRAND COLORS: TBD.
I know we don't want pink or to overdo it on color. More in the sophisticated and distinct jewel/earth tone range. Or, perhaps, with a spectrum wash of color to go with our spectrum of people.