Four Important Things:
1) Since the name doesn't imply live music (or music, for that matter), the logo image NEEDS to. Maybe you could work a Fender Stratocaster into it?
2) I immediately imagined the logo designed as TATTOO ART. That's still my vision, but I'm open to new concepts. Like maybe a retro-look..perhaps an amplifier?
3) I pictured the logo as 4c...not 2c. (4 color)
4) The logo has to be cool enough that a musician might actually consider slapping a sticker of my logo somwhere on their gear!!!
- Social Media is a big outlet for me, so the logo should be designed to look bold and clear and within the small square box of a Facebook, Twitter, G+ profile image. (Even if there's a version of the logo without the company name...)
- I don't want it to look like it caters to music that's computer generated or heavily tech manipulated in genres such as techno, drum and bass, dubstep (not my target audience).
- No imagery should represent static or distortion, since I'm paid to communicate clearly. ;) Also, I use modern tech to do my job, but a retro theme could work, too, in the right way. In fact...could be cool!