IMPORTANT: Please read the brief CAREFULLY. Feel free to message us if you have any questions or if anything is unclear.
We are currently looking for a new cover for the next issue of our magazine. The main theme of this issue is Finances/Fintech in Japan/“Japan as 'Fintech-Centre'”. We already have a set template for the cover and are looking for a unique, creative design/image to fit into that template (see attachments). IMPORTANT: The green frame is NOT part of the template, we just added it to show which part needs to be changed. Please erase the green frame when you create a design.
We have the following requirements for our cover image:
- The main theme of the issue is finances/fintech incl. the Bitcoin trend and as sub thema the finance-related topics in Japan like attitudes towards saving and investing and shareholder-activists. We want the cover image to reflect these topics.
- It has to be VERY clear that the magazine is about finances in JAPAN (through, for example, Japanese people or Japanese buildings etc.).
- You could base your design on a photo, make a collage or design icons/graphics – anything is fine! If you use a stock picture, please arrange it like the combination of photo and icons, like what we did in our last cover (see the first attachment)
- If you use a stock photo, please use istockphoto.com or similar lower-prize options. (If you already own the pictures you want to use, it does not matter which website you got them from, of course.)
- Here is a list of links of stock photos with some suggestions. Please feel free use these stock photos for INSPIRATION or as ONE aspect of your design. Do NOT just paste the stock photo into the template.
1. Idea No. 1: Collage with icons/images with a businessman in the centre in the background
You could create a collage similar to this: place a business man near the centre of the image and replace the bit coin icons with other icons or images related to finance and fintech, for example.
2. Idea No. 2: Skyscrapers seen from below, with icons/images arranged around that
Or something like this: looking up at skycrapers with different icons or pictures related to fintech and finances, with the map of Japan in the background. (Only an example/for inspiration.)
3. Idea No. 3: Whole body image of a business person standing a bit further away, surrounded by icons/images
Or something like this, with a businessman/businesswoman surrounded by images and icons related to finances and fintech and bitcoin etc.
4. Idea No. 4: Cityscape in the background, collage of icons/images in the foreground
Tokyo in the background and a collage in the foreground, similar to the one in the stock photo (with images or icons etc.)
- Please insert the title into the image. This issue’s title will be something along the lines of: “Japan als Fintech-Zentrum - Finanzielle Innovationen und Experteneinblicke”. "Japan als Fintech-Zentrum" is the main title and therefore bigger than the other part.
On the following website you can find the past cover designs of the magazine:
Please DEFINITELY look at our past covers so that you can get a feel for what we are looking for!
IMPORTANT - The final data of the final image for our magazine:
The picture resolution should be 350 dpi and use the CMYK colour model. Our team works with Adobe InDesign CS6, so it is important you can provide us with a file that can be opened and edited in InDesign CS6 (i.e. an .indd- or idml-file). Please also provide us with a .psd data that we can edit in Adobe Photoshop, with separate layers.