Important message that I find myself repeating a lot: Please, notice that our users are not very tech savvy. Please do not take anything for granted when designing the app. Thank you!
The following pages are organized in the following main areas:
1. Sharing page. No content no app. This page is where people are taken when they press a button somewhere in the feed, or anywhere in the app... Make it simple and frictionless. Sharing content is the heart of the app. Again the button to this page should be accesible from any part of the app. Make it visible, accesible and clear to what thats for... Content to be shared: text prayers, images with a text we can paint (Snapchat, Instagram style...) and video testimonials. The less clicks the better to see in a glance the options to create content. Also include the option to share open prays (that anyone in the app can read and pray for them, they will not be shared outside the social network.) And closed prays only shared with specific people that can be invited by email or in the actual app. By default prayers are open.
These prayers can also be accessed via private messaging. (Private messaging page is not requested for this contest.)
2. Feed. Participation is key to encourage more content creation. How prayer requests, video testimonial and images are presented. Make it easy and clear for participation: Praying, responding with a video as a comment, a text or an image. Our users do not take anything for granted. I repeat: our users do not take anything for granted. :) We love them, but they need things to be crystal clear and easy to read and interact.
Something important about the feed that will also help you create better designs is that users can only make comments and get other options once they have prayed for that persons intention. We want to emphasize that praying is more important that the rest of options available...
Users can upload multiple images and videos at once in one unique post.
Also include in here the "stories" that users can share with video testimonials and prayer marathons that are currently running on the app. Instagram style or snapchat style are welcome. Allow users to share their own prayer story (this is connected with the testimonial page.)
3. Achievements. This page shows how people are doing with prayer on a weekly basis. It shares achievements, future objetives, recommendations such as "today be nice to that special person is hard to get along... " number of times prayed, a map where they can see people they have prayed for in different parts of the world, a prayer raking, number of prayer requests they have helped solved so far, prayer marathons they have participated on, all these can be summarized in circles with daily/weekly achievements, more suggestion are welcome.
4. Testimonials. A page where people share their testimonial on how prayer have helped them. An open place to share personal experiences and search for testimonials in there different topics. Such topics can be design alike Google Plus "Collections" where you can follow certain religious topics by experts, including prayers, images and other. Allow people to search with tags and show content that is being shared, prayed and comments at the moment. Make use of all the necessary space for the testimonials page, so that users get a better idea of what the are going to find there.... Make sure that their first impression gives them a good understanding of what is going on in this section, otherwise they will not come back again.
Maybe you can get some ideas from "Periscope" or "Facebook Live" for this marathons. The page we want you to design is what takes you to the actual session (marathons, online people joining, interactions, trending, around you...), not the session it self.
5. Prayer Marathons. We don't know if this should be a world map or expand into a world map or something alike... it is basically a place to launch prayer marathons such as: "Pray to the refugees". People from all around the world will join for any prayer marathon within a timeframe. People can launch and promote prayer marathons. The most relevant are featured. People can create a 24/7 prayer marathon with specific conditions and topics. It shoes the amount of people on it, including friends.