We want to create a new design for a MasterCard gold credit card (just the front part).
- The card has to appeal very well to "old money" - effectively older generations who like this type of card for the prestige and don't want to see anything too funky on it. This is the sort of a card with which they like to pay for a fancy dinner.
- At the same time we need it to be different from the masses to capture the younger generations, who also like the prestige aspect, but want to their card to stand out more.
- So we are looking for something that would catch an eye, but present itself in a very subtle way.
- We want effectively a minimalist design and think that "less is more" here. Abstract shapes/designs are welcome.
- We do not want to attach anything personal bank-related to the card (as some of the attached do)
The design has to be golden. This means one of two things:
1) card background has to be golden and something can be drawn on it. Usually people draw in black or other shades of gold. You can see this on some of the attached examples. As you can see the golden colour can be different: normal, bright, more like sand, etc.
2) the background can be of different colour (e.g. black) and in this case something on the card has to be golden and also a word "GOLD" has to appear somewhere. (The word is not needed in the first example.) You can see it in other examples.
- cardholder name, expiry date has to be in the same place as on all the cards
- bank name usually appears top left. In our case it would be quite long taking up almost the full horizontal. Can be any colour that suits the design. Can we faint - does not need to stand out.
- there will be no chip
- mastercard logo has to be on the right, but can move up or down to some extent