The Direct Mail Piece
I want to create a direct mail piece that measures 6” x 15”. The front and back of this mail piece is a giant $100 bill. (See attached image)
When you open up the mailer, the inside of the mail piece becomes 12” x 15”. The outside of the mailer is the $100 bill.
NOTE: I don’t need anything designed on the outside. The front and back ($100 bill) will stay the same. What I do need is to design the inside…12” x 15” and this is where you come in.
The purpose of the mailer is to get people to respond and request the FREE Workbook. They can request the workbook by going to a website and downloading it as a PDF file, or calling an 800 number. The FREE Workbook is actually a PDF file that will be emailed to them or downloaded from a website. The workbook will not be printed and sent through the mail.
To give you a better feel for the look and feel of some of my marketing, I’ve attached some images from an OnDemand Seminar I created. See attached images. It’s an OnDemand Seminar called, How Big Is Your Retirement Shortfall.
Here are some things that are important and need to be included in this mail piece… (12” x 15”)
• Design for Affluent Pre & Post Retirees. THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Keep in mind while designing the inside of this mail piece that the market who will be receiving this mailer is affluent, high net worth individuals who are either already retired or very close to it. They are 50 to 68 years of age, so don’t make the fonts too small or they won’t be able to read it. Create it so it appeals to the affluent, but at the same time, if they only have $250,000 to invest, I don’t want to alienate them either.
• FREE Workbook – The workbook needs to be very prominently displayed on the inside of this mailer. I need a cover designed for the workbook as part of this mail piece. I would like the image of the workbook to have some depth to it so it almost looks like a book. The title of the workbook is: 12 Key Questions Every Retiree Must Answer. Please create a very cool cover for this workbook.
• FREE. The word FREE or FREE Workbook needs to be big enough to catch their eye. There is no cost and no obligation to receive this FREE workbook.
• 12 Questions. These 12 questions absolutely need to be displayed. I’m thinking this should almost be like a test. I think it’s important to list these questions and maybe have two columns, one for YES, and one for NO and have this right at end of the questions so they can almost do a self-test and answer each of the 12 questions. The premise being that if they answered NO to any one of these 12 questions, then they definitely need to get ahold of this FREE workbook. (That verbiage might be important to include as well) Here are the 12 Questions Every Retiree Must Answer:
• Do you know how long your money will last if you stop working today, invest your nest egg as safely as possible and try to maintain your current standard of living?
• Do you know which one of the 567 ways to take Social Security will maximize the lifetime benefits for you and your spouse?
• Do you know the proper mix of stocks versus bonds in a retirement income portfolio?
• Do you know how big of a nest egg you’ll need as you enter retirement if you’ll be retired for 20, 30 or even 40 years?
• Do you know the appropriate spending rate from your nest egg to insure your savings last your lifetime?
• Do you know what percent of pre-retirement income you need to replace to maintain your current standard of living in retirement?
• Do you know how the rising cost of health care could affect and even decimate your retirement income plan?
• Do you know what your pension annuity is worth and what it costs to buy more lifetime income?
• Do you know how longevity affects funding a retirement that may well last 30 years or longer?
• If you have a retirement shortfall, do you know how big it is and what can be done about it?
• Do you know the proper way (most tax efficient way) to leave a financial legacy to your heirs?
• Taking everything into account, do you know if your retirement income plan is sustainable? (Will you outlive your money or will your money outlive you?)
• Calls To Action. There are 3 ways they can respond to receive the FREE workbook and we need to include all 3 on the inside of this mail piece. They are 1) QR Code, 2) 800 # and 3) Website. Please just use as a placeholder a space for the QR code, but make it big enough to easily scan in. The 800 number to call is 888-741-7055, and the website to go to is http://www.anthonyhartpresents.com
• Headline. Since so much of this mailer are the 12 Questions and the need to download the FREE Workbook if they answered NO to any of these 12 questions…I think the headline for the top of the inside of this 12” x 15” mailer should be something along the lines: RETIREMENT READINESS QUIZ, with some verbiage under the headline in a smaller font encouraging them to see how prepared they are for retirement by answering 12 Key Questions. I would love nothing more than for them to take this mailer and literally read each question and place a big RED checkmark in the YES or NO column. The fact is that retirees don’t have the correct answers to these questions, but they must because the very quality of their retirement depends on having correct answers.
• Picture. If you can work in a picture of me on the inside of the mailer that would be great since I’m the one they will be eventually sitting down with and I’m the one that created the workbook, but I don’t want the photo of me to be a distraction. I want the focus to be on the workbook and the 12 questions.
• Measurements. The inside of this mail piece is 12” x 15”
The outside of this mail piece when folded in half is 6” x 12”. I’ve provided an image of the front and back below. This is before it is folded in half. You can also see it in a much bigger image that is attached.