Here's a set of adjustments that need to be made to the current periodic table that is uploaded:
1. Fenox is a “foreign VC firm” and are already mentioned in the pink squares, please remove from our blue boxes.
2. Label the blue boxes “MENA VC funds” as opposed to “VC funds” to distinguish from foreign funds
3. Please remove "IT Investments"
4. Please remove Saffar Holdings.
5. HBT are not a VC, especially after they’ve pulled the plug on HBT going f/w with Ihsan joining MEVP. HBT is an incubator, please reclassify to orange
6. Please remove Gulf Venture Capital.
7. AlKhabeer capital. They don’t do VC, they do deal by deal direct PE when they do investments but they are mainly an advisory firm (investment bank) and an asset management firm. Please remove them from this list
8. Al Tamimi investments is the private investment arm of Tamimi law firm. It is not a VC firm, please remove it from the list
9. Please remove Earlybird.
10. Please classify Smartstart as Micro VC.
11. Abdulaziz Al Loughani is as much of an angel as anyone else. Please remove him from the list of angels
12. Emile Cubeisy, please remove him from the list.
13. Please remove Chris Schroeder, he wrote a fun book but isn’t an angel investor in or for our region
14. Omar Sati runs Dash ventures and is not an angel investor, please remove him.
15. Saed Nashef is one of the partners at Sadara, pls remove him from the angel list
16. Please include Rashed Al Rashed and Arif Naqvi and Azmy Abuassad as Angel Investors