Imagine the user of our site going to the page listing all the shortcuts for adobe photoshop:
take a look at this page:
now the user wants to PRINT a reference card (cheat sheet) from this page.
your mission is to design a a printable version of that page (which can contain 50+ shortcut categories and 400+ individual shortcuts):
see attached files for color example from microsoft, of the size and resolution required. DO NOT use the attachment as a reference for how to design this in terms of colors or layout (for that you can use the PSD if you like, but don't have to). . My hope is that your designs will be much more beautiful and readable.
your design should be in A4 size, color but should remain easily readable if printed on black/white/gray A4 regular office inkjets.
We will be asking our users to PAY a 0.99$ fee for getting a customized PDF with their favorite application shortcuts. so it needs to be beautiful readable and usable to hang on a wall.
the PDF will have these elements:
- application name
- list of categories (just a name)
- for each category the list of its shortcuts
- each shortcut has THREE fields: name, KEYS, and extra_notes (a couple of sentences, or empty)
- shortcuts that are FAVORITED by the current user will be shown differently, and likely in their own category named "your favorites" in that page.
as an output I would need
- An Example PDF that shows what a cheat sheet with 2 pages worth of categories and shortcuts (at least 3 categories and 20 shortcuts, or more to fill up at least two pages worth - dont worry about using real ones, just create a fake couple of shortcuts and repeat them).
- a visual style guide (including a layout guide so we can learn how to "generate" these on the fly for different applications)
- a PSD with all the graphic elements needed to generate any of the ODF types of sizes and quality
these last two are very important because with them we can use them to generate PDFs on the fly based on user request, for each application. that means that we also need LAYOUT INSTRUCTIONS on when to break to a new page for example, widths of columns, height of rows etc..