Hi fabulous designers :)
We are after some labels for an exciting new skincare range that will be created around ancient Australian Aboriginal super-ingredients. The new range will include:
* facial cleanser (targeted at women)
* facial moisturiser (targeted at women)
* facial mask (targeted at women)
* repairing/healing cream (targeted at men and women who suffer from skin issues including eczema, extremely dry skin, cancer treatments i.e. radiation burns, diabetes i.e. hand and foot disease)
* nutritional supplement (targeted at men and women to promote inner health which means better skin)
NOTE: We only need you to design 2 labels, not labels for every product. Please read on...
Some of the buzz-words that we would use to describe ourselves and Happy Skincare are:happy, organic, natural, environmentally friendly, affordable luxury, down to earth, we don't take ourselves too seriously, personal touch.
In the past we have packaged most of our products in amber glass bottles but we're going to introduce some tubes in the new range too.
What we are looking for is the design of 2 labels:
1) 100ml amber glass bottle - label size 135mm x 70mm (NB: sample attached has 3mm bleed)
2) 100ml plastic tube (one of my attachments shows a tube sample)
We haven't confirmed our tube supplier yet so the dimensions of the tube are just estimates. I'll need your design in photoshop format so that we can fit it to the actual dimensions when they are confirmed.
The 2 designs you provide will be used by us to create labels for all of our products - we will just change the products names and blurb in photoshop as required.
We don't have any specific design in mind, so I was hoping you could bring some inspiration. Some brands we like (some of which are very different) are:
1. Snowberry (http://www.snowberrybeauty.com/) this is our favourite to date! (sample attached)
2. Jojoba company (http://www.thejojobacompany.com.au/ ) (sample attached)
3. Kora Organics (http://www.koraorganics.com/) (sample attached)
4. Jurlique (http://www.jurlique.com.au/bath-and-body/category/body-lotions/ ) (sample attached)
[Unlike some of these brands we don't use boxes]
Brands that we do NOT want to look similar to are:
* Simple (because our logo is similar already) http://www.simpleskincare.com.au/
* Happy Me Skincare (because our name is almost the same) http://www.happymeskincare.com/
So many of our competitors emphasise green and white in their packaging. It would be good to be a bit different so we stand out. We'd love for you to get creative and make us distinctive (also keeping in mind that our products are recommended by medical professionals so we can't be too over-the-top!).
The new products are going to be based on Australian superfoods used in ancient aboriginal times. Some of our Australian ingredients that may inspire your design are:
* Kakadu plum
* Grass Lilly
One of the attachments is a piece of copyright aboriginal artwork of a bush berry - we thought it had a nice feel to it if you're going to go with a plant-inspired design.
Other thoughts we had that could tie in with the ancient aboriginal theme are dot-style artworks (including hand prints), or australian trees like the gum tree. But please don't let these suggestions limit you.
If you can't integrate our existing logo into your design we are open to new logo suggestions that better convey our buzz words above.
I attached the example label for one of our existing products - the Intensive Repair Oil. It shows all of the info we require on a label. There's also an attachment showing the finished product as it appears in our online store.
In addition to everything on that label we'll also have a barcode which isn't shown on the Intensive Repair Oil but a space has been left for it.
Thanks for reading - we can't wait to see your designs :)
Aaron and Phoebe