To level the ground here are the specific guidelines for your final submission. You do not have to follow these but they provide a path to lead to winning of the contest.
In the final round submission we’ll be looking for:
1. Proposal: One design for mail/postal orders; one design for boutique sales.
2. Material: Max three types in fabric, paper, and another material (plastic, glass, metal, etc.), respectively.
3. Production specifications: print, industrial embroidery, or folding, etc.
Please specify, with each material, if you are able to source for final production (if not please indicate where and with whom this could be produced).
4. Sizes and dimensions: Max three sizes with specific dimensions; one for earrings, one for singular pendant necklaces, one for multi-strand necklaces. 2D (if an envelop) and 3D (if an installation) dimensions both needed.
5. Production cost: please predict production cost per unit (starting with 50-100 units), production time required, and if your own production resources are available.
6. Labeling, incl. color scheme and typeface: Max. three options.
Thanks all for your excellent work so far!
Packaging design with white and gold color tones.
Overall purpose: to transform pearls jewelry, something traditionally elegant and exclusive older women, to something cool and interesting to a younger crowd, without losing the elegance appeal to an older women.
1. Size: pearl earrings; singular pearl pendants; complicated three-strand, sometimes five-strand pearls; heavy stones (fx agates); Max 3 sizes. Consider different weight and feel.
Consider low-cost jewelry and high-value jewelry please, such as Akoya, South China Sea, and Tahiti pearls.
2. Flexibility: textile or paper, it needs to be able to tossed into an envelop for postal orders, without giving up on the memorable opening experiences.
3. Portability: it needs to blend into the customer's life. This means if one buys a piece of jewelry, she can carry the packaging with her on travels without worrying about buying a new box. It is something that she wants to keep and show as a trophy to friends.
Open about material and complexity of the packaging. In general this aims to make pearl jewelry funky again, something easy to carry around for daily use.