We're building a new product - a sequel to our original editor, Oni. We'd like to brand it as either "onivim 2" or "ONIVIM 2". We're looking for a combination of a modern, abstract design with perhaps some retro-80s outrun / synthwave style flair to give it some identity and separate it from other products. I'm also open to other ideas too - this just fits in with the aesthetic of our company's logo.
I've attached our previous (amateur-designed) logos from "Oni" - obviously we need a lot of help! I do like having a 'circle' as a main design motif - because that makes it easy to translate to an 'application icon' - and it also is a stand-in for the "o" in Oni. In addition, the upside-down triangle would be nice to work in as well if possible - it's a reference to a piece of technology that 'Oni' and 'Oni 2' are built on.
I've also attached some "synthwave" / "outrun" inspiration. We like that retro aesthetic as a potential path but don't know how to incorporate in our logo / branding / design.
We're also open to other ideas, so don't feel constrained by that direction!
Ideally our logo conveys the following ideas:
We'd be using the logo in a few places:
- Social media profile picture
- Social media cover page
- Application icon - so we need a logo that can be recognizable and 'stand-alone' without text.
- Potentially stickers / coffee mugs / t-shirts
Some similiar products in the space:
- Sublime Text: https://www.sublimetext.com/
- VSCode: https://code.visualstudio.com/
- Atom: https://atom.io/
Also, we're building up this 'outrun' style branding with our company's website:
- so bonus points if we can tie it altogether in some way! But again, I'm open to other styles too.
Thank you for helping us with our design!