I like the coloring of our current site (black/blue/white) because I think it works with the theme of our business. However, I'm open to seeing some different color choices used. I'll provide the logo for our current site.
I'm sorry for the next set of CAPS, however, I want emphasize this: WE JUST WANT THE SITE TO LOOK COOL AND ORGANIZED!
I'm 26 years old and know what all the cool internet start-up sites look like. We want that!
- It needs to have an intro describing the company as a whole. We currently don't have a "professional" video describing the whole process (the one in the bottom right sucks) but we hope to in the near future. The design shouldn't be based around this video AT ALL (we want a central focus to it which could be a slideshow). We can adjust later if we decide to have a video. However, it should be a clear/cool/clean emphasis on the whole concept of the site ("Actually OWN a song, connect with the artist and get a great investment at the same time). I like webpages that can fit all the content in one area without scrolling down. However, this might be a little bit too crowded considering the amount of content we will want on it. Either way works with me!
Somewhere near that area we want to have these 3 categories (somewhat of a "1-2-3" points of emphasis kind of deal):
- Own (Own your favorite song or own a piece of music history
- Connect (With some of the biggest artists)
- Invest (Invest in a unique once in a lifetime opportunity)
- Since we don't usually have more than 3 auctions going at the same time, we need a cool section for featured auctions. We want a section for the Main Featured auction, as well as, other auctions going on at the same time. We would need a scrolling box (or module) to show the past auctions in a thumbnail format. Overall, we want the site to be able to showcase certain items and still have room for describing the company.
- We will also need the site to be very user-friendly and with the "times" of the internet culture. It needs social connection buttons (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Stumbleupon, Reddit, etc...).
-We also want the blog/news section to be in the main part of the site. We want the site to have an active appearance with a clean interface.
- We also want the places the site has been featured in to have just the logos. (See the "featured in" section at the top on Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/). This can be somewhere towards the bottom. The footer should have links to main parts of the site, recent blog posts/news and our social media accounts. I like some aspects on this site (http://tradeomics.com/). We won't have the same kind of profile system yet but I like the cool, clean and informative design of this one.
- One more "Overall" thing. These are just basic guidelines. Since the site deals with music, we want it to be a cool looking site for music fans. As I stated before, the site does have high financial numbers on the amounts of the songs we sell but we want it to focus on the artist-fan connection.
Auction Listing Page:
It also needs to keep the same minimal, clean and informative look to the site. Each auction listing will contain video(s), photos and listing details for each item up for auction. We definitely need larger buttons for "Buy" and "Financial Details"/"More Info". Here is a pretty good example: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects…scover_rec. The video is ours won't be the main section but we want a picture to be though. I particularly like the right top section of this page for displaying the "Current Bid Price and "Number of Bids". Each listing will have an artist bio in additional to the financial information on it such as yearly royalty rate and a number of other factors.
Here is an example of my other site I own: http://www.theroyaltyexchange.com/c…ckage.html. This site is geared towards investors/fans too (more for investors since we are about to add a solar project on there). While I like the design of this site, we DON'T want it to look exactly like this. The clean, informative design is good but we want the new design for SongVest to be more organized with a better layout. The auction listings should also have the social media aspect like the Kickstarter example.