Great opportunity to show off your creativity and design talent, while building your portfolio.
We want a redesign of our current website, and would love your creative input. Here is an outline what we would like (4 pages):
Home Page: the home page should introduce couchassassin clearly (something short like Ottawa's gigs, galleries and goodtimes event guide for getting you off the couch.) The home page should clearly display the following links, so users can find them easily:
Links to our facebook and twitter account, a button that advertises/links to our mobile friendly version and a button for "add an event" that links to our event tips form.
The main body should include:
• a photo slider that links to articles/main events, or that can be used to feature more information about us. (new)
• featured events boxes, (like we currently have) somewhere between 3-8 boxes)
• A redesigned condensed calendar. One idea is a calendar with tabs ,showing: Today's events; , next three days , next 7
days (our current design is too busy, something simpler, that does not have to display everything. Perhaps a partial calendar on the font with a link to the full calendar elsewhere
• Featured venue/artist block
• A section for listing upcoming events ie. a highlight list of a few events in the next couple of months
• advertising space, but not a banner at the top
The look and feel should be:
• dark and mysterious, with a play on the assassin theme, but in a non violent way (for example, smoky, or exploded pieces of fabric, perhaps a burnt look, but no bulletholes or other violent
we like the logo (couch in bomb) but not the font that says "couch assassin", we would like a new font for the logo and for the website as a whole.
• the logo is black and white with a touch of red.
On our current home page- we want to change/remove:
the drop down menus. We will not be using them anymore, the main categories will be present, but not the dropdowns.We are open to new ways of displaying the categories.
we also don't like the font, spacing, or too long introduction.
we are open to changing the two column layout, or keeping it
our current event pages (click on an event to see them) have the following features we wish to keep. We are just looking for a new way to display them
• event image (poster, photo, etc.)
• - room for brief description of the event, quotes, etc
• - links to web sites (at least one per event, possibly more)]
• - embedded video(s)
• - embedded audio (less often)
• - information about the venue where the event is taking place:
• (please add) advertising space preferable on the side (no banners)
Currently there is a box in the sidebar displaying venue information (logo, map, facebook link, website,
twitter link, venue logo, address). We have been given feedback that this information is too separate from the other event information, we would like the design to integrate the venue information more clearly. Perhaps, just listing the venue with the name and time while having thevenue box as is?? we are open to your thoughts.
Finding a funky/interesting new way to display the event poster could add interest-
These pages will feature an image/logo of the artist/venue, plus all relevant links, videos etc. Also a list of upcoming and a mini calendar showing one month at a time. These pages would also have advertising space. These artist pages will eventually wok like a small local myspace page, where viewers can learn about local artists and have all the artist's various social media links in one place.
There will be a category page for each type of event in the top bar (art, music, film etc) These pages will
display featured events (maybe 4?) specific to their type, with a calendar of those specific upcoming events. Ie, click on "music"
and go to a music page with a calendar of just music events as well as featured music events.
There will also need to be a block for a "featured" artist, and /or featured article.
There can also be a block for advertising,