Great designer with strong UX skills!
Exactly what we were looking for, didn't only give us designs but also feedback and valuable input based on his professional UX expertise.
Easy communication, great attention to detail, very nice person to work with. Looking forward to working with him again!
How Yliu1 started their web page design journey
Who are you known as?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
GABA is a non-profit organization. We offer networking events and memberships to the international professionals but especially German-American business community.
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
What do you have in mind for the style and theme of the web page?
The blue color of our current website is our corporate color, so we should keep that. Feel free to add a second color if it makes the website less boring. Again, the website needs a clean, professional feel.
We have event pictures on http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaba_ca/
The design then will be created with wordpress.
Please use a common font which can be replicated in word, powerpoint etc.
The general feel of the homepage should be professional, clean, uncluttered and modern. The structure should be easy to adapt to mobile devices.
The homepage must have the logo as well as our slogan:
"We take the work out of networking."
The homepage should capture the attention and leads the user directly to the main topics (need to stand out) which should extend navigation options (e.g. Under "About US" a list of links should extend such as "Our Mission", "Who We Are" etc. ):
- About Us
- GABA Events
- GABA Membership
- GABA community
It should also feature the following items
- An slide show area where featured pictures/ videos scroll through. It should be big and in middle of focus. Could be the background as well. Feel free to use picture from our flickr account at http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaba_ca/sets/
- An area of latest news/ tweets / featured upcoming event
- an smaller area for Premium member logos (can be a rotating area like the current website). Please just put the logo of Gordon Biersch as place holder for now.
- Link to Membership directory, could be right below the premium member logos.
- A row of icons to follow us on Social Media (FB, LinkedIn, Twitter, Flickr, Yahoo group) and to subscribe our mailings
- A row of industry groups, could be icons:
Entrepreneurs & VC
Media & Entertainment
Semiconductor & IT
Women in Business